Check lib on path

From: Philip Herron
Subject: Check lib on path
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 01:44:21 +0100

Hey guys

I have a project i am using GNU MP and MPFR for, and i am using:

ACX_PTHREAD(,AC_MSG_ERROR(could not find libpthread))
LIBS="${PTHREAD_LIBS} ${LIBS}"
AM_CFLAGS="${PTHREAD_CFLAGS} ${AM_CFLAGS}"
CC="$PTHREAD_CC"

AC_CHECK_LIB([gmp], [__gmpz_init], ,
 [AC_MSG_ERROR([GNU MP not found, see http://gmplib.org/])])
AC_CHECK_LIB([mpfr],[mpfr_init] ,
 [AC_MSG_ERROR([MPFR not found, see http://www.mpfr.org/])])

The pthreads comes from a macro acx_pthreads.m4 i think, but the gmp and mpfr are the problem, I have on a mac machine the libraries in /usr/local/lib and the headers in /usr/local/include, but on my bsd and linux machines its all in /usr

The linux and bsd is ok with ac_check_lib, but on mac no, is there a way to pass the library path and header path? To give -I and -L to gcc or sun compilers ( i have only been using these compilers so far ) or whatever compiler.

I can't seem to find anything on this.

--Phil