Re: Are there any tests for Fortran 90 or Fortran 95?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Are there any tests for Fortran 90 or Fortran 95?
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 09:11:45 +0100

Hello David,

* Dr. David Kirkby wrote on Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 12:59:50PM CET:
> Are there any tests in autoconf that can be used to determine if a
> compiler support Fortran 90 or Fortran 95?

You can use the second argument to AC_PROG_FC to supply a preferred
Fortran dialect.  I don't think that will guarantee a compiler that
speaks this dialect though.  You will also need to use AC_FC_SRCEXT
for specifying files with an extension different from ".f", say ".f95".

I guess to be absolutely sure you might still need a compile test
after that.

> I don't know Fortran myself, so writing one is out of the question for
> me.

I guess then you should ask someone who uses Fortran 95 (maybe somebody
is reading here), or simply look into the code that you're trying to
build: whatever Fortran 95 feature that code uses is one that you
require.