Re: -xc99=all and libraries on Solaris 10

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: -xc99=all and libraries on Solaris 10
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 15:13:50 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

Do I understand correctly that effectively, that makes all code relying
on one behavior silently link-incompatible with all code relying on the
other behavior, but either of them still compatible with code that
doesn't care?

Hmm, this seems to even be the case for shared libraries.  So I guess it
will be a problem for dlopened modules as well.

The first thing that came to mind when I saw this is if GCC and GNU ld participate in this scheme under Solaris. If so, what tool versions use this feature?

It is common for libraries compiled with Sun C and GCC to be linked into the same application.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn