Re: autoconf/automake on multiple platforms/versions

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: autoconf/automake on multiple platforms/versions
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 16:15:16 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010, Joris Dobbelsteen wrote:

I got everything working and compiling on the first system (after upgrading the tools with running aclocal, autoconf, autoreconf, automake --add-missing and such). Here it works now correctly and as it should. However, it is broken on the second system. Running "./configure" stops with "configure: error: cannot run /bin/bash ./config.sub"; and indeed, that file is a symlink to a non-existent location on system 2 (/usr/share/automake-1.11/config.sub).

Currently I'm wondering how to get this problem resolved.

Try adding the --copy option when running automake.

I use this incantation for automake:

  automake --verbose --add-missing --copy --force-missing

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn