Re: release is imminent

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: release is imminent
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 06:07:00 -0700

According to Vincent Torri on 2/26/2010 12:28 AM:
>> The workaround I gave you in the other mail should work though
>> (did you try it?).
>
> I pass it to the guy who is responsible of the mac os x port. I'm
> waiting for his test results
>
> So, do you think that the problem will be fixed in 2.67 ?

Problems only get fixed as fast as people knowledgeable about the
situation contribute patches.  When it comes to m4 issues, I'm an expert,
but when it comes to ObjC or Fortran, I rely heavily on outside contributors.

Releasing known bugs is not the end of the world, particularly if they are
longstanding issues rather than recent regressions introduced by the
previous release.  On the other hand, fixing known bugs is always nice,
and if we can quickly fix the issue, it would certainly be nice to get the
fix in sooner than later.

Eric Blake             address@hidden