Re: reasons for having no inclusion guards in config.h

From: Steffen Dettmer
Subject: Re: reasons for having no inclusion guards in config.h
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 14:45:19 +0100

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010, John Calcote <address@hidden> wrote:
> internal.h:
> #ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
> #  ifndef CONFIG_H_INCLUDED
> #    include "config.h"
> #    define CONFIG_H_INCLUDED
> #  endif
> #endif

If, as it is needed to be, config.h is always one and the same file
and contains #defines only, no such guard is needed I think
-- or are there preprocessors that warn when exactly the same
#define (i.e. to exactly the same value) occures twice?

> What it comes down to is this: It's a difficult problem
> to generate a unique include guard for config.h.

hash content and #ifndef CONFIG_H_D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E :)

oki,

Steffen