Re: Overriding LN_S

From: Peter Rosin
Subject: Re: Overriding LN_S
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 08:18:28 +0200

Hi Steffen!

Den 2010-09-02 21:50 skrev Steffen Dettmer:
> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 9:18 PM, Peter Rosin <address@hidden> wrote:
>> (background: I want to have Libtool on Cygwin drive MSVC, and
>> Cygwin creates soft links that MSVC does not understand. The
>> Libtool testsuite invokes autoconf followed by configure several
>> times when it runs).
>
> couldn't this break dependcies?

I'm using MSVC to cross-compile from the Cygwin environment, so there
isn't any mixing of neither compilers nor dependencies.

> Shouldn't "cygpath -w" be used itstead?

"cygpath -w" is certainly a part of it, but has absolutely nothing to
do with the issue at hand. Libtool has the ability to create soft
links to the installed libltdl sources and the compiler then has to
be able to compile those sources "through" those soft links. If the
compiler doesn't interpret the soft links as soft links, but instead
as regular files, it has little chance of succeeding. So, I want to
tell libtool to make copies instead of soft links, as is done on
systems lacking soft links.

Cheers,
Peter