Re: How to enable/disable my debug code?

From: NightStrike
Subject: Re: How to enable/disable my debug code?
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 15:04:42 -0400

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 10:22 PM, narke <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> On 27 July 2011 14:36, Gary V. Vaughan <address@hidden> wrote:
>> because those are in the users' namespace.  Instead, Makefile.am should
>> be setting required (but not compiler specific!!) options inside
>> AM_CPPFLAGS/AM_CFLAGS/AM_LDFLAGS/etc.  The info manuals will help you

How can you have compiler-generic options?  It's not like POSIX says
that -O2 is for optimization, -g is for debug, and -D is for a
commandline define.

Unless I'm completely wrong, and there is in fact some sort of
standard for compiler options other than "do whatever gcc does".

Consider, though, using cl.exe in an msys environment.  That uses /
instead of - for switches, for instance.