Re: include location detection

From: Steffen Sledz
Subject: Re: include location detection
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 07:49:45 +0200

On 30.08.2011 23:23, Glenn Amerine wrote:
> If you find the path to the library, I guess you could assume in many
> cases that the header file is going to have the same path prefix on
> libraries that have been installed from source by the user. That could
> at least be a first attempt at finding the header file if it is not in
> the standard include directories.

Generally it is in the standard include directory. But sometimes inside a
subdirectory named fastcgi and sometimes not.

> A "find" from root would get it done, but is pretty klunky and slow.
> There could also be multiple copies of the header file that are not the
> same.

This is not the problem. I can use two nested AC_CHECK_HEADER directives to
find the header location.

But i did not find a way to modify the CPPFLAGS in the right way (e.g. to still
be ready for cross compiling).

Steffen

PS: Way don't you answer to the mailing list? I'm sure there are more people
interested in it.

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany