Re: header file not found

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: header file not found
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:45:38 -0700

On 11/24/2011 08:31 AM, David Boesner wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> my programme has the following folder-structure
>
> My problem: If I run make, I have the error, that a header file, which is
> inside
> my include folder can not be found. My configure.ac is attached.

You appear to be asking more about automake rather than autoconf (given
that you only posted Makefile.am snippets, and not configure.ac
snippets); perhaps you may get better answers on the address@hidden
list.  That said, I'll give it a rough shot.

What is the actual command line you used and the actual error you got at
the point where you have the message about a header file not found?

> main.c
>      subfolder: -src
>              subfolder: error
>              subfolder: types
>      subfolder: include    <---- the file that can't be found is here

Is the file generated?  In which case, is this a symptom of not
traversing directories in the correct order?  That is, should make
descend into include prior to trying to build main.c at the top level?

>              subfolder:error
>              subfolder:types
>
> I have Makefile.am in every folder.
>
> content of the main Makefile.am
>
> bin_PROGRAMS = GTspi
>
> # Makefile.am im Unterverzeichnis
> SUBDIRS = src src/types src/error include include/error include/types

You can reorder this line, and include an explicit '.', to affect which
directory order make uses in visiting files.

--
Eric Blake   address@hidden    +1-919-301-3266