Re: Qt4 autoconf macros

From: Frederik Heber
Subject: Re: Qt4 autoconf macros
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 10:00:31 +0100

On 12/04/2011 11:51 AM, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
> On 11/17/2010 04:08 PM, Alberto Luaces wrote:
>> santilistas writes:

>>> Yes, I knew that, but it is for Qt3 and I need it for Qt4.

>>> I definitely need it, I'll give you a shout. By the way, why can't
>>> gwqt4.m4 be in the autoconf archives?
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>> -s-
>>
>> Just to point that the salome project has its macro that seems to deal
>> with Qt 4 and 3:
>>
>> http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-science/packages/salome.git;a=blob;f=GEOM_SRC_5.1.3/adm_local/unix/config_files/check_qt.m4;h=0f28aef7d9255db367155e1b234aecd3db2e682c;hb=HEAD
>>
>> This is from Debian repository. Click on "raw" to get the actual file.
>>

> also this one
>
> http://srchiliteqt.sourceforge.net/

As another note: Since Qt 4.7 has pkgconfig support (and working well
from my Ubuntu 10.04 point of view), I have switched to using e.g.

PKG_CHECK_MODULES([QT], [QtCore QtGui Qt3D], [
])

along with small AC_PATH_PROGS([QT_MOC], ... checks for finding the
binaries.
This way the user just has to specify PKG_CONFIG_PATH (and
--with-Qt-bin) if Qt is hiding somewhere unusual.

This is not the most general solution (especially not for older Qt
version), but definitely convenient if latest features (in my case Qt3D)
is required anyway.

Kind regards,

Frederik

--