Re: uint64_t fails with C++

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: uint64_t fails with C++
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 15:04:51 +0100 (CET)

>> My main question is: Why does the autoconf test succeeds (which
>> properly uses g++ for its test according to the config.log file)
>> but the compilation in my test file fails?  A bug?  A feature?
>
> Sorry, I'm not sure about that bit.  Does config.log show it using
> any special compiler options which might differ between the test and
> your test file build?

Here it is:

  configure:4090: checking for uint64_t
  configure:4090: g++ -c -g -O0 -Wall -W  conftest.c >&5
  conftest.c: In function 'int main()':
  conftest.c:57:12: warning: variable 'test_array' set but not used
                             [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
  configure:4090: $? = 0
  configure:4090: result: yes

This is autoconf 2.68, BTW.