Re: distcheck missing files

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: distcheck missing files
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 23:25:18 +0100

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 8:05 PM, Kip Warner <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Without seeing your actual Makefile.am, I can only guess that perhaps
>> you made your EXTRA_DIST conditional?  I've been bitten by that in some
>> of my own projects, where a conditional EXTRA_DIST impacts what goes
>> into the tarball according to the configure options used, even though
>> that is generally a bad idea (you want the tarball to be independent of
>> configure options).
>
> As far as I know, it isn't being conditionally modified. Here's the
> Makefile.am:
>
>   <http://pastebin.com/Ck57h01T>

You have

# Manually add these things to distribution package when dist target is run...
EXTRA_DIST =
Authors         \
Copying         \
Install         \
News            \
ReadMe          \
    Tests           \
ToDo

(Sorry, the whitespace is being mangled somehow when I copy and paste.)

I believe you should have a backslash ("\") at the end of the first
line, or otherwise move the "Authors" line up to be on the first line.