Re: process result code in if

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: process result code in if
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 12:13:24 +0900

"Gary V. Vaughan" <address@hidden> writes:
> On 7 Jun 2013, at 08:41, Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Wait, why can't you use "test $x -gt 0"...?
>
> You mean "test 0 -lt $x", otherwise if x starts with a hyphen (e.g -1)
> things will go awry!

I dunno, test here (both coreutils test, and the bash builtin) seems
to handle negative numbers just fine using "test $x -gt 0" ...

[I suppose maybe there are broken versions of test out there, the
usual issue with just about anything in autoconf... typically Sun... >< ]

-miles

--
`The suburb is an obsolete and contradictory form of human settlement'