Re: Why configure failed to search libws2_32.a in MinGW+MSYS ?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Why configure failed to search libws2_32.a in MinGW+MSYS ?
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 17:18:53 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 27 Dec 2013, Guo Leaveye wrote:
checking for WSAGetLastError in -lws2_32... no
checking for WSAGetLastError in -llibws2_32... no
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile

Note that, (1) both library libws2_32.a check report `no', and (2) the compiler
is exactly my simulation target `gcc'.

I know that I can add a check into configure.ac to examine whether building in
mingw or cygwin, but is this checking supposed to be fully examination for the
real build environment ? If it works fine, LIB variable should be full filled
with all required library link options. If there a simple way by adjust my
MSYS+MinGW environment to make autoconf works, please tell me.

Look in the generated config.log for the errors produced while testing for WSAGetLastError. The errors may provide a clue as to what has actually gone wrong and lead to fixing the problem. Autoconf tests for library functions by linking a small test program. Sometimes it is necessary to supply additional libraries in order to successfully link with a library.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn