Re: Any chance to make a new autoconf release?

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: Any chance to make a new autoconf release?
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 13:00:04 -0600

On 3/5/19 12:11 PM, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
Hi,

It is almost 7 years since last time autoconf have bee released.
It is a lot well known issues and almost half of the test suite is
failing because many software components moved forward.

Is it any chance to make new release with what is already committed?
Where is the problem? Why so long no one was able to make a new release?

The problem, as always, is a lack of free time.

I'm hoping to spend some of my $DAYJOB time on getting a release out the door, but am still waiting approval on that front; in the meantime, my weekends continue to be booked with real life to the point that I have not been able to devote enough time to a good release.

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3226