Re: Getting srcdir in script executed using m4_esyscmd in AC_INIT

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: Getting srcdir in script executed using m4_esyscmd in AC_INIT
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2021 21:51:20 -0500

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 9:08 PM Bob Friesenhahn
<bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:
> I am pretty close to done with updating GraphicsMagick to use the
> recommended Autoconf and Automake initialization syntax.  Thanks again
> for your help.
>
> Something which surprises me is that the distribution tarballs became
> noticeably larger.

This is expected. The bulk of the increase is probably due to the test
programs used to probe for C and/or C++ 2011 support in the compilers.
There were also some fixes for compatibility problems that involved
emitting more code throughout the script. I can explain the
 rationale for any piece of the diff between the old and new configure
scripts that you're curious about.

zw