Re: Future plans for Autotools

From: Dan Kegel
Subject: Re: Future plans for Autotools
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 15:15:17 -0800

Nice writeup!

Next step might be to set up continuous integration for Autotools,
with automated testing on the core list of supported platforms, and
use that to do a nearly-no-change release that just fixes any bugs
that show up by the time it's working.

I have no time and cannot plausibly volunteer to work on it, but given
that I got a lot of benefit out of autotools, understand it at a
motivated user level, and have set up a lot of CI, it is tempting to
contemplate...