Re: Running autoconf and autoreconf without autotools in the path

From: Christopher O Cowan
Subject: Re: Running autoconf and autoreconf without autotools in the path
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 19:21:48 +0000

So, looking at closely at the autoconf package, it seems autoreconf and
autoheader (both written in perl), have this feature, for one or more of the
ENV vars that I would expect.

Autoconf on the other hand, seems to only check for AUTO4MATE, a cursory check
of aclocal shows it isn’t checking for any of these.

I’m trying to deconstruct how this “should” work, or determine what the intent
was.  (Hopefully, similar to what I’m after, but I’m not sure.).

Would appreciate any insight.