Re: Possible regressions with trunk autoconf (vs 2.71)

From: Frederic Berat
Subject: Re: Possible regressions with trunk autoconf (vs 2.71)
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 16:57:07 +0100

On Wed, Nov 16, 2022 at 4:27 PM Sam James <sam@gentoo.org> wrote:

> > On 16 Nov 2022, at 07:41, Frederic Berat <fberat@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > In the past few months, I worked on a tool that massively rebuild packages
> > that depend on a specific other package, in order to help spot problems as
> > early as possible (on Fedora and RHEL so far).
> >

> I'm interested in this work. Would you mind letting me know if there's a place
> I can keep up with developments? I've wanted to have some way of
> Organising response to stuff like this and sharing patches for distros
> for a while.

The source code is available here:
https://gitlab.com/fedora/packager-tools/mass-prebuild

Although it is quite Fedora specific, adapting it to any derivative
should be relatively
straightforward (mainly a matter of configuration).
Which means that so far, to use it, you need a bit of knowledge regarding RPMs,
and an account with access to a COPR and Koji infrastructure.

I believe it can be adapted to be usable by other distributions, with
a bit more work
(implementing builder backends, abstracting DNF/Koji API calls to use
other package
managers).
If you are willing to contribute to get it working for Gentoo
environment, you'd be
very welcome.