Re: Possible regressions with trunk autoconf (vs 2.71)

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Possible regressions with trunk autoconf (vs 2.71)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 14:34:26 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 17 Nov 2022, Paul Eggert wrote:

Thanks for reporting that. I installed the attached patch to work around the bug in libpng. Of course this is just a hack, but there's some benefit to it and no harm that I can see.

Could you please report the issue to the libpng maintainers? The attached second patch should work around the immediate issue for them. I am not plugged into the libpng ecosystem and don't know how to send them bug reports. Thanks.

I have forwarded this to Cosmin Truta, the current libpng maintainer.
It may be useful to open a formal bug in the libpng bug tracker (presumably at Github) in case he is busy.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/