Re: Re: [Automake] Making a Distribution

From: Tom Browder
Subject: Re: Re: [Automake] Making a Distribution
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:04:21 -0500

Pavel, thanks for timely response.

I'm brand new to using automake/autoconf, and I'm using it to package a
commercial
distribution of my company's product for a client.  I need the package to work
on
both a Linux/GNU as well as an SGI/IRIX system.  When I test the distribution
on the SGI,
the ./configure tries to use the *.am files and I get all kinds of dependency
problems, and
I don't think my client will have automake or autoconf.  Shouldn't configure
NOT require
(nor even try to use) autoconf or automake?  If not, why are the files
automatically packaged
with the distribution?

Tom