Re: dependencies in c++

From: Patrick Guio
Subject: Re: dependencies in c++
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 21:04:55 +0200 (CEST)

On 19 Oct 2000, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Oct 19, 2000, Patrick Guio <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I really have problems to get the dependencies stuff to work correctly. I
> > can see that some depcomp files are installed in my subdirectories but if
> > I touch a .h file the stuff is not rebuilt.
>
> Which compiler are you using?  The new dependency-tracking code in
> automake only enables dependency tracking by default if the compiler
> can generate dependencies as a side-effect of compilation.  In other
> cases, you have enable it explicitly.  Run `configure --help' for the
> options.

I use mainly g++ but also cxx and KCC. When running
% configure --enable-dependency-tracking
I get the following:

checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking dependency style of g++... (cached) none

Does it has something to do with my problem?
I use autoconf/automake/libtool which I get from cvs and the last I have
successfully compiled is less than 1 month.

Sincerely

Patrick