Re: How to install "config.h"

From: Simon Richter
Subject: Re: How to install "config.h"
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 11:39:32 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

> If we should not be installing config.h files, then it would be
> beneficial for Automake (or Autoconf) to support an automated way to
> provide the benefits of config.h, but in a better form.

How about the bin/<package>-config approach: configure creates a script
that outputs gcc options necessary for compiling (-L, -R and -l). GTK uses
this, and I've found it useful (along with providing an aclocal file).

   Simon

--
GPG public key available from http://phobos.fs.tum.de/pgp/Simon.Richter.asc
 Fingerprint: A319 A60F 20F6 C8A4 3C86  54B4 99CD AC6E 79D1 B1E7