Re: texinfo.tex

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: texinfo.tex
Date: 14 Nov 2000 03:30:24 -0200

On Nov 13, 2000, "Derek R. Price" <address@hidden> wrote:

> "Derek R. Price" wrote:
>> Why does AM require that texinfo.tex be included in the distribution in
>> the first place?  It is installed with tex distributions by default
>> anyhow, isn't it?  Its presence screws up my PDF target, which needs to

> Okay, I found the no-texinfo.tex option to disable this behavior,
> but is there any reason this is ever desirable?

Not all distributions of TeX include the latest texinfo.tex.  Or, at
least, there was a time when this was the case.  Besides, as you say,
texinfo.tex is part of the texinfo package, which is separate from TeX
distributions, so just assuming TeX would be able to find may not work
for a significant number of users.

Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden, gnu.org}