Re: EXTRA_DIST and CVS directories

From: Ganesan Rajagopal
Subject: Re: EXTRA_DIST and CVS directories
Date: 18 Dec 2000 11:01:07 +0530

> On Dec 18, 2000, Ganesan Rajagopal <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Okay, I understand. How about just excluding *only* the CVS
>> directories?

> And how about SCCS, RCS and soon SVN directories too?  And how about
> excluding files listed in .cvsignore too?  Or excluding *.o?

A valid point. Let's just deprecate the use then.

> I seem to recall there's a dist hook that you might use to remove any
> such files yourself, so I agree with Tom: I'd rather not have any
> special cases at all in automake.

I am using dist-hook currently to pull in the files, I didn't think of the
option of removing them in dist-hook. That seems a log simpler, thanks for
the idea :-).

Ganesan

--
R. Ganesan (address@hidden)       | Ph: 91-80-5721856 Ext: 2149
Novell India Development Center.       | #include <std_disclaimer.h>