Re: ./configure & .deps directory

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: ./configure & .deps directory
Date: 20 Dec 2000 18:36:24 -0700

>>>>> "Derek" == Derek R Price <address@hidden> writes:

Derek> Is there a good reason the configure script creates
Derek> $(top_builddir)/.deps during the test that sets $DEPDIR and
Derek> doesn't delete it again?  Besides some developer or other
Derek> needing sleep?  ;)

Derek> My distribution certainly doesn't seem to need that directory
Derek> sitting around...

This directory is needed by the dependency tracking implementation.

I agree though that this macro is mysterious.  Why doesn't it create
`_deps' if that is what is chosen?

Tom