Re: libs in subdirs

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: libs in subdirs
Date: 23 Dec 2000 13:24:23 -0700

>> It's called creating `convenience libraries'.  Check the docs.

Bryan> So, if there is a way to do this without libtool, please point
Bryan> me in the direction of the relevant doc and I will be more than
Bryan> happy to read it.

There is a way to do it without libtool, but it is very ugly.
Basically it involves extracing the objects by hand and then telling
automake about them via _LIBADD/_LDADD.

The cvs automake can handle source files in subdirectories directly.

Tom