Re: distributing files generated by configure

From: Derek R. Price
Subject: Re: distributing files generated by configure
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 12:01:33 -0500

Raja R Harinath wrote:

> BTW, why do you need to 'configure' or 'sed' substitute a version
> number into a .c file -- you already have config.h which defines the
> symbol 'VERSION' to the version number string.

That's a good point.  They're there because I just converted this source to use
Automake and I hadn't considered that yet.  version.c is the name of the file
where
the information was kept before Automake.

Derek

--
Derek Price                      CVS Solutions Architect ( http://CVSHome.org )
mailto:address@hidden     OpenAvenue ( http://OpenAvenue.com )
I will not torment the emotionally frail.
I will not torment the emotionally frail...

          - Bart Simpson on chalkboard, _The Simpsons_