check_LTLIBRARIES and -rpath

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: check_LTLIBRARIES and -rpath
Date: 04 Jan 2001 10:14:06 +1000

I tried to use

        check_LTLIBRARIES = libfoo.la

but found it added "-rpath $(checkdir)" to the libtool link, which
didn't work since $(checkdir) doesn't exist.

I thought to use this as a convenience library built only under a
"make check".  If this is how it's meant to be used then I think it
should omit -rpath, the same as noinst_LTLIBRARIES.

        * automake.in (handle_ltlibraries): Omit -rpath from
        check_LTLIBRARIES, as per noinst_LTLIBRARIES.