Re: automake: Automatic Dependency Tracking

From: Dave Brolley
Subject: Re: automake: Automatic Dependency Tracking
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 18:58:14 -0500

Sending configure.in as requested....

Tom Tromey wrote:

"Dave" == Dave Brolley <address@hidden> writes:

Dave> I have a project which contains a mix of C and C++ sources, and
Dave> dependency tracking does not seem to be enabled. I've attached
Dave> my Makefile.am and Makefile.in for reference. Just wobdering if
Dave> I'm missing something. I'm using automake 1.4b on Cygwin 1.1.7.

There's definitely something wrong but offhand I can't say what it
might be.

I notice `depcomp' isn't assigned in your Makefile.in.  And also the
..c.o (etc) rules don't have depcomp enabled.

The question is why automake thinks that dependency tracking is
disabled.

Can you send your configure.in?

Dave> Also, is there anyway to enabled this for projects containing
Dave> only C++ source?

It should happen by default.

Tom

dnl Process this file with autoconf to produce a configure script.
AC_INIT(debug_api.h)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(ssidl,0.2)

dnl automake support
AM_MAINTAINER_MODE