Re: Package support (RPM, deb, pkg, kits, etc.)

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Package support (RPM, deb, pkg, kits, etc.)
Date: 13 Jan 2001 11:26:18 -0700

>>>>> "Ganesan" == Ganesan Rajagopal <address@hidden> writes:

Ganesan> I have been thinking about this too. Installable objects
Ganesan> should have a package prefix. We can also have a global
Ganesan> variable called PACKAGES or something like that, so that
Ganesan> automake can generate install targets install-<packagename>.

Yeah, exactly.  Or maybe `install-package-NAME', to avoid clashes.
For instance you might want a package named `exec'.

Tom