Makefile.in

From: John Poltorak
Subject: Makefile.in
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 17:53:08 +0000

I'm not sure if this is the correct list to mention Makefile.in, but
I will anyway...

In the process of trying to build WGET v1.6 on OS/2, it was discovered
that the GNU source compiled fine if:-

exeext   = @exeext@

was changed to:-

exeext   = @EXEEXT@

in src/Makefile.in

Is the variable exeext set up only for DOS-like systems which use
the .EXE extension for executables?

If it was changed to uppercase, would it have any detrimental
effect on any other systems?

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, but I would like to
be able to compile stuff on OS/2 without needing to jump through
various hoops to make it work. I'm not familiar with Makefile.in
but suspect it is a generated file, created in the build process.

--
John