Re: Support for configure.ac

From: Lars Hecking
Subject: Re: Support for configure.ac
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:06:26 +0000

> Yes, indeed.  But I just switched me brains on, and understood.
>
> Sure you have the new .am files, but since the Makefile want to update
> the Makefiles first, you run an old automake which does not, indeed,
> substitute @address@hidden  So find a means, but you have to `make
> automake' before making the Makefiles.  On your system automake.in is
> new, but not automake yet.

 At no time an old copy of automake is run.

$ pwd
/tmp/automake
$ ./configure
[...]
$ make automake
cd . && /tmp/automake/aclocal --acdir=m4
cd . && /tmp/automake/automake --amdir=. --gnits Makefile
cd . && /bin/sh /tmp/automake/missing --run autoconf
[...]
$ make dist
make: *** No rule to make target address@hidden@', needed by `stamp-vti'.  Stop.
$