Re: Question about transform

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Question about transform
Date: 22 Jan 2001 10:37:07 +0100

Tom> Should [trasnform] be quoting the substitution string in each
Tom> case?

According to its current uses, I'd say so.  Both the lhs and rhs.

I must say I also saw some places where /o was used.  I have no idea
if it applies here.  I don't know either whether perl performs at
least a sanity check and fail when /o is wrong.  I would not use it by
precaution, but I'd like to know for my own information :)