Re: VPATH elimination by configure

From: Derek R. Price
Subject: Re: VPATH elimination by configure
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 12:19:01 -0500

"Derek R. Price" wrote:

> Akim Demaille wrote:
>
> > VPATH is just set to srcdir?  So then, I'm in favor of Derek's patch
> > which seems finer that the current one, and updating the Autoconf
> > documentation to explain exactly what happens.
>
> Here's an even slightly better version.  It will remove :address@hidden@:?,

One more quick mod.  I just replaced the second two occurrences of [ \t]*VPATH[
\t]* with [^=]* for brevity.  Use the makefile from my previous email for
testing.

Derek

--
Derek Price                      CVS Solutions Architect ( http://CVSHome.org )
mailto:address@hidden     OpenAvenue ( http://OpenAvenue.com )

/^[     ]*VPATH[        ]*=[
]*/{s/:*\$(srcdir):*/:/;s/:*\${srcdir}:*/:/;s/:address@hidden@:*/:/;s/^\([^=]*=[
        ]*\):*/\1/;s/:*$//;/^[^=]*=[    ]*$/d;}
/^[     ]*VPATH[        ]*=[    ]*/{
        # the next three lines take out variations on srcdir substitutions
        s/:*\$(srcdir):*/:/
        s/:*\${srcdir}:*/:/
        s/:address@hidden@:*/:/
        # next two lines remove leading and trailing ':'s from VPATH
        s/:*$//
        # remove an empty VPATH
}