Re: automake - libtool - lib.so - lib.a

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: automake - libtool - lib.so - lib.a
Date: 26 Jan 2001 00:13:34 -0200

On Jan 25, 2001, François Chenais <address@hidden> wrote:

> I would like to make a lib.so library with an other static lib2.a library
> but I have

> *** Warning: inter-library dependencies are not known to be supported.

Get CVS libtool and hope the platform(s) of your choice support
linking static libraries into shared libraries.  This is not generally
supported, and some platforms will still get this kind of message, but
it just can't be done in general.

Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden, gnu.org}