New bugs

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: New bugs
Date: 29 Jan 2001 12:16:40 -0700

Akim --

Your recent patches broke a couple of test cases.

I looked at the `subobj4' failure.  I think the new code in
add_depend2 is wrong.

First, this is wrong:

                 . &transform ('$(' . $pfx . 'COMPILE)'
                                 => $rule,

&transform puts @...@ around the pattern, which in this case is
incorrect.

Later we see:

                 # Generate rule for `.o'.
                 . 's/address@hidden@\.o:/' . $obj . '.o: ' . $source . '/g;'

I think we need to quote $obj and $source here; this was handled in
the old code.

Could you fix this?

I didn't investigate the specflags5.test failure.  Could you do that?

Thanks,
Tom