Re: 10-check-am.patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 10-check-am.patch
Date: 30 Jan 2001 21:21:13 -0700

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

Akim> It means that for instance we could have

Akim> a b c: d e f

Akim> in a .am file, and have file_contents_with_transform (provided we
Akim> taught it that a, b and c are special targets) push @a, @b, @c the
Akim> list of d, e and f.

Do you mean something like doing this for install, uninstall targets,
and the like?

That would be fine with me.  However for non-trivial targets sometimes
weird special handling is required.

Akim> Now my patch is only an approximation of this, since it catches
Akim> specifically just .PHONY.  How to extend it?

Or do it by matching against the names of the targets.  There are
probably a small number of targets like this, so we could handle it
via a list of regexps.

Or do I misunderstand?  Your explanation is a bit abstract.  Maybe
some more concrete examples would help.

Tom