Re: 10-check-am.patch

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: 10-check-am.patch
Date: 31 Jan 2001 14:38:55 +0100

Tom> Do you mean something like doing this for install, uninstall
Tom> targets, and the like?

Right.

Tom> That would be fine with me.  However for non-trivial targets
Tom> sometimes weird special handling is required.

Most probably.  But in most cases, the variant part is handled by the
COMMANDS which are run beforehand, so in most cases all the magic we
need is already given.

And in fact, but maybe this reasoning is naive, dependencies which
must be factored are about targets which must be already specified in
the *.am file, therefore, a priori, it should be also possible to use
these targets in the factored dependencies.