Re: 15-file-contents-paragraph.patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 15-file-contents-paragraph.patch
Date: 31 Jan 2001 11:19:37 -0700

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

Akim>   * automake.in (file_contents): Rewrite: instead of trying to parse
Akim>   it line by line, first swallow it completely into $CONTENTS,
Akim>   *then*, parse it *paragraph* by paragraph.

I see this went in.
What is the rationale for this patch?

I'm very leery of changing file reading.  For &file_contents it isn't
too worrisome, since we have complete control over the inputs.  For
the other file reader it is scarier.

Also, the patch that went in has some unconditional prints to STDERR.
This is wrong.

Tom