Re: 21-use-ac-libsources.patch

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: 21-use-ac-libsources.patch
Date: 04 Feb 2001 20:16:21 +0100

Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:

> Akim>         * m4/regex.m4: Use AC_LIBSOURCES.
> Akim>         * automake.in (scan_autoconf_traces): Trace AC_LIBSOURCE, not
> Akim>         _AC_LIBOBJ_DECL.
>
> Ok.
>
> My reading is that the change to regex.m4 doesn't require the new
> autoconf but will use it if present.  Is that right?

That's correct.  There are plenty of ifdef we will be able to remove
once Automake require 2.50.

> +# FIXME: This macro seems quite obsolete now since rx doesn't seem to
> Akim> +# be maintained, while regex is.
>
> I agree -- as far as I know this really is obsolete.  We should mark
> it as such, and document that in the manual.

I agree with a patch Pavel once sent: it is none of automake's
busyness to deal with obsoleted macros, but current Automake cannot
use Autoconf's obsoleting macros.  So next time, using only AU_DEFUN,
there is yet code to remove from automake.