Re: 27-fixsubdirs-am.patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 27-fixsubdirs-am.patch
Date: 04 Feb 2001 13:11:38 -0700

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

Akim>   * subdirs.am: This file is the exception: clean recursive targets
Akim>   are called by the clean targets, not the clean-am targets.
Akim>   Otherwise we have a circular dependency: clean -> clean-am ->
Akim>   clean-recursive -> clean.

Ok, thanks.

Akim> -clean: clean-recursive
Akim> +clean: clean-recursive clean-recursive

This seems wrong.

Note that the clean-am rules are run from the clean-recursive rules in
subdirs.am.  That happens so that we can force the ordering, and it is
important.  This is true for the ordinary (all, install, etc)
-recursive rules in subdirs.am as well.

Tom