Re: config.status and CONFIG_LINKS

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: config.status and CONFIG_LINKS
Date: 04 Feb 2001 16:54:56 -0700

>>>>> "Kevin" == Kevin Ryde <address@hidden> writes:

Kevin>         * automake.in (handle_configure): Call config.status with empty
Kevin>         CONFIG_LINKS and CONFIG_COMMANDS when regenerating a file.

Thanks, I'm checking this in.

Kevin> I guess the same effect would be obtained from something like the
Kevin> following, unless this is only a new autoconf feature.

Kevin>         cd $(top_srcdir) && ./config.status $(subdir)/Makefile

Yes, this is only available in the current cvs autoconf, so we can't
use it yet.

At some point I'd like to fix the "adding a directory" problem.  Right
now if you add a new directory (edit AC_OUTPUT and SUBDIRS), automake
won't notice correctly and a simple "make" won't rebuild the way you'd
like.

Likewise automake isn't very savvy about re-creating links after
configure.in is changed.

Tom