Re: 26-makesort.patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 26-makesort.patch
Date: 05 Feb 2001 13:40:16 -0700

>>>>> "Hari" == Raja R Harinath <address@hidden> writes:

Hari> That seems counter to current 'automake' behaviour.  IIRC, if
Hari> automake sees a "special" target in Makefile.am, it won't
Hari> generate code for that target.  E.g., if the Makefile.am has a
Hari> 'check:' target, the builtin test harness will not be generated.

That's right.  And this is a feature.

I'm still skeptical about merging the two readers.

One thing that would be useful would be a generic way to add
pre-/post- hooks to various targets.  I've seen several requests for a
pre-uninstall hook.

Tom