Re: 30-transform-cond.patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 30-transform-cond.patch
Date: 07 Feb 2001 11:44:50 -0700

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

Akim> A very stupid and mechanic patch, indeed, but it helps me seeing what
Akim> happens.  In this patch I took the freedom of introducing a new
Akim> syntax: @FOO@ means `to be substituted', while `?FOO?' means to be
Akim> removed if positive, or to kill the line if negative, and conversely
Akim> for `?!FOO?'.

Akim> This patch includes the Makefile.ins' diffs, i.e., no changes.

Umm, there are plenty of Makefile.in changes here.

Some are whitespace changes, which I'd prefer not to change:

Akim> -   d=$(srcdir); \
Akim> +  d=$(srcdir); \

Others are semantic changes:

Akim> -   f="`echo $$p | sed -e 's|^.*/||'`"; \
Akim> +   f="$$p"; \

I do like the patch.  But I'd like these things to be fixed before you
check it in.

Thanks,
Tom