Re: 30-transform-cond.patch

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: 30-transform-cond.patch
Date: 09 Feb 2001 03:47:27 +0100

Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:

> Akim> This patch includes the Makefile.ins' diffs, i.e., no changes.
>
> Umm, there are plenty of Makefile.in changes here.

Right, and a lot of thanks for reviewing them into the details!

> Some are whitespace changes, which I'd prefer not to change:
>
> Akim> -         d=$(srcdir); \
> Akim> +  d=$(srcdir); \

I don't know how I made this, and I will remove this part of the
patch, thanks!

> Others are semantic changes:
>
> Akim> -         f="`echo $$p | sed -e 's|^.*/||'`"; \
> Akim> +         f="$$p"; \

Even worse!  I have the slightest idea how I made this.  Unless I
broke a recent merge, if this converse change was recent.  Of course,
I will remove this, thanks a brand lot.

> I do like the patch.  But I'd like these things to be fixed before you
> check it in.

Sure.  AFAIR it also fixes the bugs you experience in pr87.  Not sure
though, I will check if I can.