AM_PROG_LIBTOOL / AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

From: Jeremy Slade
Subject: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL / AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 12:10:11 -0700 (MST)

I'm brand new to automake/autoconf, trying to configure my first real
project.  I've got automake building a .a for me using the _LIBRARIES
command, now I want to convert to using libtool to build shared and
archive libraries.

I am using autoconf-2.49c and automake-1.4b on HPUX 10.20.  When I put
AM_PROG_LIBTOOL in my configure.in, automake says I should use
AC_PROG_LIBTOOL instead.  But when I change it, autoconf then
generates an error that AC_PROG_LIBTOOL is undefined.

Do I have a version mismatch here, or what else might be going on?

Thanks,
Jeremy
--
Jeremy Slade