Re: AM_CFLAGS

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: AM_CFLAGS
Date: 12 Feb 2001 00:42:18 -0700

>> In the recent namespace conversation we didn't mention macros like
>> `AM_CFLAGS'.  This is an automake-specific macro which the user is
>> allowed to set.

>> How should we rename these?

Alexandre> Why should we rename these?  Their names look fine to me.

My understanding is that autoconf prevents us from putting these names
(AM_*) into configure.in.  However, this is a perfectly reasonable
thing to do from automake's perspective.  In fact, it is probably a
preferred approach for packages with special flags requirements and
multiple directories.

Tom