Re: Patch 3 of 4: Avoid 8+3 filename trouble

From: Derek R. Price
Subject: Re: Patch 3 of 4: Avoid 8+3 filename trouble
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:58:07 -0500

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Tim> 2001-02-10  Tim Van Holder  <address@hidden>
>
> Tim>    * remake-hdr.am (@STAMP@): Use .T as suffix for the
> Tim>    temporary file.
>
> I don't think this is sufficient.  I think you also have to change
> AM_CONFIG_HEADER as well.  See m4/header.m4.

Which is already broken and effectively unused.  The only reason things
were working is that the make targets recreated the stamp files anyhow.
I've submitted a patch to fix this already.

Derek

--
Derek Price                      CVS Solutions Architect ( http://CVSHome.org )
mailto:address@hidden     OpenAvenue ( http://OpenAvenue.com )